Meeting Notes for January 2015
PTA Minutes- January 26th
1. Dinner and Welcome 6:42
2. Principal Message-
A. testing begins for 3rd thru 5th grades April 13-28th
b. Berryessa Ed Foundation is doing another raffle this year and the school will be selling raffle tickets.
50% of the proceeds will go to the Ed foundations and 50% will go to Noble. We will be selling tickets soon!
c. Jump rope for heart will be Feb. 13th information has gone out in your wed. envelopes.
d. School site council has announced its plans for how money will be spent and the implementation in regards to Measure L. You can find this info on the Berryessa website. You can find the information regarding nobles implementation on pages 26-28.
e. The District has approved the School site Donation and we would like to thank you!
A. With the consistent weather changes please send your child in layers so they are prepared at school for the chill and warming in the afternoon.
b. If your kids are sick please keep them at home to heal so that we do not spread it around the school. Thank you.
c. School Break is coming- Feb 16th-20th. NO School on these days.
4. Minutes for November- approved
5. Financial Report and expenditures-approved
6. Membership- 271- Thank you!
7. Annual Movie license- approved to line item.
8. Starting arts- Alice in Wonderland Enrollment has started! Please turn in your enrollment slips this week - Rehearsals start Tuesday Feb. 3rd at 2:35-4:10pm Room 5
9. Nomination committee- Lina Naverez - motion to approve-approved
10. Safe for PTA- monies added to line item and approved.
11. Community Discount Cards- approved and Monies raised will be used for Science assembly.
12. Upcoming events:
A. Music Recital- Wednesday January 28th starting at 6:30 pm- at Piedmont middle school- Please support our young musicians.
B. Talent show tryouts- January 29th
C. Spirit Day- Pajama Day! January 29th send your child to school in their PJ's!
D. Parent Workshop- Tuesday Feb. 3- 8:30-9:30am in Room 5- Topic will be focused on writing skills and how to help your child. Free!!
E. Movie Night- Friday February 6th at 6:30pm in the multipurpose room- free! concessions available.
F. February- 16th-20th NO school
13. Bylaws- approved by State will seek approval by the association at our next association meeting.
14. Schoola fundraiser- Monies raised will go to chrome carts- lightly used clothes can be donated and then sold online by schools - 40% of profits will go back to school. Please look out for notifications coming out soon.
Approved as fundraiser.
15. Swap meet at noble- is it possible? looking into how to have a swap meet at noble to raise funds for our school … will be revisited after more info is gathered as to district approval.
Meeting adjourned 8:00pm